Asbestos is one of the most hazardous materials in the world. The fact that it is naturally occurring makes it even more dangerous. We hear about asbestos on the radio, see billboards about mesothelioma, but why does it cause so much hype? Below, Ogden Asbestos Abatement will discuss a few reasons why asbestos is considered to be so hazardous and why it should be removed from your property!

It is Naturally Occurring

Asbestos grows naturally and is often found when mining. A lot of miners have asbestos-related illnesses from being exposed to the hazardous fiber.

It Is Minuscule

Asbestos was added to other materials to make them stronger and heat-resistant. If a material does contain asbestos, there is only one way to know for sure: through asbestos testing. Asbestos fibers are not able to be seen and usually appear in dust, which can easily be ingested.

It Causes Cancer

Asbestos exposure is known for the many severe illnesses it causes. One of the most dangerous is cancer. Asbestos causes lung cancer and is the sole cause of mesothelioma. Cancers from asbestos exposure are very aggressive and hard to treat.

Asbestos Could Be In Your Home

Asbestos-containing materials were used in homes throughout the United States. Many homes still contain asbestos. This can cause asbestos exposure in your home, which will lead to major illnesses down the line.

If your property has not been tested for asbestos, it is time. An asbestos test could save your life. If your property has asbestos, it will need to be removed by a professional. Asbestos is hazardous because you do not know you have been exposed. Once exposed, asbestos can stay in your body for years before it causes scarring of the lungs and other respiratory illnesses.